Saturday, April 28, 2012

First Sabbath in the Holy Land

Today we had our first church service here in the Jerusalem Center. It was funny going to church in the same building that you live and go to school and eat all your meals in, but I'm excited to be here in the branch! After church I headed to the Garden Tomb with two of my roommates. The garden was beautiful and it was so cool to see one of the places that people suspect Jesus could have been buried in. We sat down with a couple other students and sang a couple of hymns. We also saw Golgotha or "Skull Hill" as the sign said haha.

Hailey and I at the Garden Tomb

It's funny have church on Saturday. Tomorrow (Sunday) will be our free day. We are going to go to the money changers and get our shekels and then we are going to try to find the vendor that sells the BYU Jerusalem T-shirts. Then we are going to try to find the Dome of the Rock and take sweet pictures there.

My camera is being super annoying and won't let me upload pictures onto my computer so.....I don't know what to do... Hopefully it will magically fix itself. Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment