Monday, April 30, 2012

Free Day in Jeru

Yesterday (just for Hailey) was our first free day! We started off at Aladdin the money changers and I had zillions of 50 dollar shekel bills (hahah) Next we did the ramparts walk which is a walk along the top of the wall all along the outside of the city. It was super cool and the views were great. After the walk we wandered all over the old city. I especially enjoyed the Jewish Quarter. It was a lot less crowded. I also tried my first shawarma.... it was so close to being delicious. I would have liked it better if there were no veggies but that's always how I like things. We spent nine hours walking around the city and I was exhausted. We finished off the evening with a little studying in the library (which no one else was in so it was supes convenient for studying)

Also for a fun thing: Say beer can in a british accent....... got it? IT SOUNDS LIKE BACON IN A JAMAICAN ACCENT!! Super funny.

I'm on the roof of Jerusalem!
A few of the girls on the rampart

Karen and I creepin' on the ramps
View of Dormition Abbey from the rampart
We also saw the Western Wall
My first Shawarma!

An arch in the Jewish Quarter

The Libes...



1 comment:

  1. You guys are totes creepin on the ramps!! Is your camera working now? I'm defs lovin the pics. Adorbs. (Ew, that one is gross.) I'm also supes glad you're keeping up the abreevs.

    ReplyDelete